My Keltec KS7 before & after!

38 Replies, 10799 Views

I modified my KS7 12 ga. to suit me and my inside home defense role I got it for.

Before:

[Image: KixeIv3.jpg]

After:

[Image: ncB4HRB.jpg]

[Image: OgzWOEt.jpg]

[Image: SQ7diPn.jpg]

I had to cut the side saddle down from 5 to 2 otherwise it interfered with the slide cycling.

[Image: UutLn4N.jpg]

[Image: BkWBLfz.jpg]

[Image: 8TrM306.jpg]

Can’t tell in the picture due to the camera flash but the light from the edge of the light beam is enough to make that chevron glow like a neon sign in Vegas without too much backsplash.
Haven’t had a chance to get it to the range yet but will report back when I do.

Terry
[-] The following 6 users Like specops56's post:

(07-12-2023, 11:11 AM)specops56 Wrote: I modified my KS7 12 ga. to suit me and my inside home defense role I got it for.

Before:

After:

[Image: ncB4HRB.jpg]

I had to cut the side saddle down from 5 to 2 otherwise it interfered with the slide cycling.

Can’t tell in the picture due to the camera flash but the light from the edge of the light beam is enough to make that chevron glow like a neon sign in Vegas without too much backsplash.
Haven’t had a chance to get it to the range yet but will report back when I do.

Terry

That is awesome!  I have been wanting a KS7...now I want one even worse!  LOL  Nice job!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
I forgot to mention that I did not put a rear sight on it on purpose. I intend this for inside my house defense only. At that distance a rear sight is unnecessary and front sight only acquisition is faster. If I have to go outside my house I have rifles.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

The compactness and light weight are what made me think this would be ideal for maneuvering through the house. Also, it's designed to be able to feed the mini shells which gives me more rounds in the gun and less recoil. I haven't tried them out yet but I like the idea. I think the mini slug rounds would do the job at across the living room distance with less chance of over penetration.

Terry
The small mini shotgun shells do absolutely nothing to a human other than some blood, they are not powerful enough to penetrate clothing and flesh/blood/fat to do any damage
(07-16-2023, 06:51 PM)Rampy Wrote: The small mini shotgun shells do absolutely nothing to a human other than some blood, they are not powerful enough to penetrate clothing and flesh/blood/fat to do any damage

How do you know that? Do you have any real world data on SD shootings with them? I’m not being snarky. In all the gel tests I’ve seen they seem to have good penetration and the slug is still a big chunk of lead. I’m always in search of real world data on SD rounds and how they’ve actually performed against actual bad guys. I have it loaded with the same reduced recoil 00 that’s in my other SD shotgun. I plan to test the minis for reliable feeding and POI before I consider loading them.

Terry
(07-17-2023, 09:25 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 06:51 PM)Rampy Wrote: The small mini shotgun shells do absolutely nothing to a human other than some blood, they are not powerful enough to penetrate clothing and flesh/blood/fat to do any damage

How do you know that? Do you have any real world data on SD shootings with them? I’m not being snarky. In all the gel tests I’ve seen they seem to have good penetration and the slug is still a big chunk of lead. I’m always in search of real world data on SD rounds and how they’ve actually performed against actual bad guys. I have it loaded with the same reduced recoil 00 that’s in my other SD shotgun. I plan to test the minis for reliable feeding and POI before I consider loading them.

Terry

Yes, P&S Facebook groups have some of the very few actual real deal shotgun instructors & they all say to stay away from the mini shotgun shells. 

P&S has tons of videos also on YouTube 

I’ve still got about 200 mini shotgun shells left (started with 1k)and while they are fun and cute, everything I shot them in had a malfunction at one time or another and I’ll never trust them in a life safety role 
(07-17-2023, 01:49 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 09:25 AM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Yes, P&S Facebook groups have some of the very few actual real deal shotgun instructors & they all say to stay away from the mini shotgun shells. 

P&S has tons of videos also on YouTube 

I’ve still got about 200 mini shotgun shells left (started with 1k)and while they are fun and cute, everything I shot them in had a malfunction at one time or another and I’ll never trust them in a life safety role 

That's fine but is it based on any real life SD shooting data against actual human beings or is it just their expert opinion? Don't get me wrong. I am not enamored of or sold on the mini shells. I think it's an interesting concept. But, whenever possible, I base my ammo choices on real SD shooting data rather than gel or opinions.
When that data is not available, I listen to opinions, look at gel tests, perform my own tests and then make my choice. If you have any real world LE data on shootings with these shells I would be eternally grateful if you could share it with me. Thanks!

Terry
I don't know who P&S is, but there is plenty of evidence available online that shows that mini slugs and buckshot are suitable for close range self defense. I wouldn't use birdshot for SD, mini shell or otherwise.

Here are two Paul Harrell videos where he tests Aguila Minishells. Note the results of the meat target.  Seems to be a lot more than just blood.

I use mini shells in my KS7 because it sucks to shoot with anything else.  Same for my Shockwave.  Both will get the job done with minis.
(07-18-2023, 12:58 PM)SimpleJack Wrote: I don't know who P&S is, but there is plenty of evidence available online that shows that mini slugs and buckshot are suitable for close range self defense. I wouldn't use birdshot for SD, mini shell or otherwise.

Here are two Paul Harrell videos where he tests Aguila Minishells. Note the results of the meat target.  Seems to be a lot more than just blood.

I use mini shells in my KS7 because it sucks to shoot with anything else.  Same for my Shockwave.  Both will get the job done with minis.

Paul is one of the guys I sub to. I like the meat target. And you gotta love his delivery since he is, what you call, a professional. I've also seen gel tests showing good penetration and damage. I just wish I could find some actual SD shooting performance data.

Terry