good morning!

680 Replies, 39929 Views

66 At my house. Supposed to rain over the weekend. Got my refund from Goodwill. Going to Home Depot to get some buckets, potting soil and manure to get my garden started. Better late than never. Doing mostly tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs. Also, gonna grow some cat grass for the kitties.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

That sucks specops. Hope they give your money back. Basically the same thing happened to me with a fluke 45 I ordered, busted all the plastic up, but it still works. I glued back all that I could and am really gentle with it since you can't get new plastic from fluke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smb5769's post:

Good Saturday morning! 63 here expecting to reach 83 with lots of sunshine.
Already 72 at my house. Supposed to have popup showers all day. Nothing so far. Gonna make a run to Home Depot to grab some bags of potting soil and politician promises (AKA: MANURE) for my container garden. Had to order the vermiculite off Amazon because no one around here carries any larger bags.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(05-03-2024, 10:51 PM)smb5769 Wrote: That sucks specops. Hope they give your money back. Basically the same thing happened to me with a fluke 45 I ordered, busted all the plastic up, but it still works. I glued back all that I could and am really gentle with it since you can't get new plastic from fluke.

They refunded to my Mastercard the next day.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Woke up to thunderstorms and small hail here in Iowa….ate a wonderful hotel breakfast and packing up for a 11-13 hour drive home……

Hopefully it won’t be storming all the way
[Image: IMG-0606.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Good rainy morning! 69 here aiming for 77 with rain most of the day.
72 And wet at my house. Had a "popup" shower all night.

Terry
Good Sunday afternoon.

I worked myself tired yesterday dismantling brush piles and running them through the chipper. My son wants the chips for mulch around his house so now I have to lug the bags of chips up the hill (or rather HE has to lug them up the hill).

My back yard is still a mess (long story, Dad did some stuff but it got neglected for… decades) with a pretty unworkable hill and waist high weeds. I really can’t afford the series of retaining walls necessary to make it better, so I’m having a hard time deciding what to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Good morning! The heavy rain never materialized yesterday, but the 1/4" was just what my garden needed. It's 65 here with an expected high of 83. Doctor appointment this morning to see if I'm still alive.